Before you roll up to the Roots Picnic there are somethings you should know. I’m going to the Roots Picnic in Philly and I’m super excited. I wanted to share some security measures that applies to the Roots Picnic at Festival Pier at Penn’s Landing.
I went to the On The Run tour stop in Cincinnati, Oh. There were rules that I wasn’t aware of. The rules effected many concert goers at the stadium. I hadn’t gone to many outdoor sport games so I wasn’t aware of the new rules. I wasn’t affected but my friend who was with me had to throw away her umbrella. She was very mad. So before attending the Roots Picnic I wanted to make a list of do’s and don’ts for the event.
Here are some important things to keep in mind if you’re attending the Roots Picnic.
- All tickets for this concert are sold through Ticketmaster.
- An FYI for fans of the potential danger of being sold counterfeit tickets via the secondary market. The only authorized outlets tickets are Ticketmaster. Buyers who purchase tickets from any other source do so at their own risk.
- All guest over 2 years of age must have their own ticket.
- There is NO RE-ENTRY. If you leave you will not be allowed to re-enter on the same ticket.
- All bags are subject to inspection
- Venue policy is that there are no professional cameras permitted inside Festival Pier. professional camera is defined as a camera with a removable lens.
Roots Picnic will be held rain or shine. Small, personal-sized umbrellas are permitted in the venue.
Solange will be performing
- Festival Pier is located at the corner of Columbus Blvd & Spring Garden Street in Philadelphia, PA
- All patrons are subject to bag search prior to entry at Festival Pier
- Pets are not allowed on the property or in the concert venue, except for service animals
- Guests are permitted to bring in 1 (one) sealed bottle of water no larger than 1 liter. Additional, outside food and beverage are not permitted inside Festival Pier. Festival Pier offers a wide variety of food and beverage for purchase during concert events.
There will be an eclectic variety of local food and merchandise vendors on-site for your eating and drinking pleasure.
There are several ways, but the fastest and easiest is to take the Market-Frankford subway line from 30th & Market (just across the street from the train station) eastbound (towards Frankford Avenue) down to Front & Spring Garden. This will put you about a block or so from Festival Pier.
You can follow this blog on Bloglovin here. Also lately I’ve be doing most of my posting on snapchat@fatgirl_fashion. My snapchat friends were the first to know about the location I selected for my blog’s 3rd year anniversary brunch. They saw first hand my Beyonce’s Formation tour experience and a NYC trip for theCurvycon. Snaps showed L.A. for BlogHer and ATL for TCFStyleExpo and The MakeUp Show Chicago. So be sure to follow on snapchat so you don’t miss any of the action. thefatgirloffashion.com can be found on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter also.