In this post, the focus is Roots Picnic Do’s and Don’t. Before you roll up to the Roots Picnic there are some things you should know. I’m sharing some measurements that apply to the Roots Picnic at Festival Pier at Penn’s Landing that will make a difference in the fun of the day.
Roots Picnic Do’s and Dont’s
First, one time for getting outside! Secondly, the Roots and Live Nation Urban have come together for the return of “Roots Picnic” for the first time in-person since 2019. The 2022 Roots Picnic 2 day festival is said to be a love letter to Philadelphia. Something like a “Thank you” for supporting the Roots for 15 years.
I’m going to the Roots Picnic in Philly again this year and I’m super excited. I want to share some security measures that apply to the Roots Picnic at Festival Pier at Penn’s Landing.
I’ve been to a few concerts and there are rules that I wasn’t aware of. The rules affect many concertgoers when trying to enter the venues. For example, I wasn’t affected but my friend who attended a concert with me had to throw away her umbrella. She was very mad. So before attending the Roots Picnic here is a list of do’s and don’ts for the event.
Here are some important things to keep in mind if you’re attending the Roots Picnic
- All tickets for this concert are sold through Ticketmaster.
- An FYI for fans of the potential danger of being sold counterfeit tickets via the secondary market. The only authorized outlets tickets are Ticketmaster. Buyers who purchase tickets from any other source do so at their own risk.
- All guest over 2 years of age must have their own ticket.
- There is NO RE-ENTRY. If you leave you will not be allowed to re-enter on the same ticket.
- All bags are subject to inspection
- Venue policy is that there are no professional cameras permitted inside Festival Pier. A professional camera is defined as a camera with a removable lens.
Roots Picnic will be held rain or shine. Small, personal-sized umbrellas are permitted in the venue.
Double Grammy Winner Jazmine Sullivan Will Be Performing
- Festival Pier is located at the corner of Columbus Blvd & Spring Garden Street in Philadelphia, PA
- All patrons are subject to a bag search prior to entry at Festival Pier
- Pets are not allowed on the property or in the concert venue, except for service animals
- Guests are permitted to bring in 1 (one) sealed bottle of water no larger than 1 liter. Additional, outside food and beverage are not permitted inside Festival Pier. Festival Pier offers a wide variety of food and beverage for purchase during concert events.
There will be an eclectic variety of local food and merchandise vendors on-site for your eating and drinking pleasure.
There are several ways, but the fastest and easiest is to take the Market-Frankford subway line from 30th & Market (just across the street from the train station) eastbound (towards Frankford Avenue) down to Front & Spring Garden. However, this will put you about a block or so from Festival Pier.