Tips For Plus Size Online Dating
Have you ever thought about online dating? I’m going to dip my toe into the dating pool again. I’ve been so focused on my blog and working 9-5pm dating has been the last thing on my mind. I created this blog post on Tips For Plus Size Online Dating as a refresher for myself and a push for another looking to join me. Maybe I could start us new daters a Facebook group?
Below are 10 tips for plus size dating. By the time you read this, I’ll have my profile up. Wish me luck!
- Don’t waste time on the wrong online dating app. Some apps have a hook-up only reputation. If that’s not what you’re looking for I would stay away from those apps. We’re all adults here you know what apps I’m talking about.
- A picture is worth a 1,000 word. Use clear photos. Don’t fill up your online dating profile with tons of pictures. It’s not Instagram. I selected 5 pics max. Face shot, sitting shot, 3 full body shots. Rect pictures in different outfits are best. Make sure no one else is in the photos. All photos taken by DeeXDee. Styling by TFGOF,
- Select an appropriate username. Remember you get from the world what you put out into the world. If you don’t want a ton of spam messages about sex I would stay away from usernames like bigtittykitty or lilmzonlinesexy.
- Be honest in your bio. Be honest from the beginning! Lying about your age, what you do, or that you’re not really single is a no-no. I wouldn’t put all my business out there but being untruthful is never the way.
- Know what you want and don’t lower your standards. We can’t just go for the first notification that comes our way. With that said being said be realistic with what you want. I don’t think Idris Elba will be sliding in my DMs. But a can dream right!
- Be prepared to have something to say. At this point, you have a choice to make. How long do you plan on messaging before a meeting? Are you here for a date or catfishing online messaging romance.
- Don’t share your other social media info. You don’t want random people visiting your Facebook or Instagram without your knowledge. It’s also a safety issue. You’re a big fine woman who doesn’t need a stalker.
- Remember this should suppose to be fun. Don’t get obsessed with one person. Sis we’re not going to be waiting by the computer.
- This shouldn’t have to be said but I feel I must. Don’t send money! While you’re looking for love some are looking for a victim.
- Lastly, don’t let what others have to say get you down. There are internet trolls everywhere. Remember you have all the power and it’s called the delete button!
I received the featured look compliments of the ASOS, however; All opinions are my own.
Hope this post offers some encouragement for those looking for love online. I’ll report back in a month with my results. Maybe a post of preparing for an online date. Have you ever online dated? Leave me some of your tips in the comments…..
SHOP THE LOOK
YSL Monogram Mattelasse Leather Clutch
If you like this content be sure to share it on your social media platforms! Tell a friend to tell a friend.
Prefer video?! I have a Youtube video on this very topic. Watch it here.
You can sign up for this blog’s newsletter here and follow on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and snapchat and now YOUTUBE!